Monday, October 23, 2006

In Which I Make a Really Stupid Analogy

You know you're a sad and pathetic blogger when your unplanned hiatus goes that long...

I really have no excuse for it. Life gets complicated and then it swiftly de-complicates into a swell of boredom, only to re-complicate once more. My classes were/are more work than I had previously assumed (short stories, dense journal readings-- the bread and butter of a lit major), my 21st birthday took more preparation than expected, and I endured the stress of and subsequent acceptance to my study abroad program. I can only imagine what hell I'm going to be put through in Scotland.

So the last thing on my mind has been this blog. In reality, that's really how it should be. If I spend my days postponing work and sleep and play for a bunch of on-line entries, I should be in a very sorry state indeed. Yet, if one keeps a blog, one has the responsibility to tend to it. A blog is like... like a quadrapalegic, deaf/mute cat. It can be an interesting companion, but it does not have the wherewithall to take care of itself or remind you to pay attention. Ignore it, and pretty soon you have a very hungry cat sitting sulkily in its own mess. At some point, you're going to notice the smell.

Alright, so that wasn't the best analogy, but it pretty much sums up how bad I feel for leaving this little hunk of bandwidth unattended. I will try to be better. I will try to go back to reading other blogs and commenting. I will try to write interesting and insightful entries. Oh Lord, will I try.

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment