Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Catching Up

Having become jaded and impatient with news, news media, current events, 24-hour news channels, and the like, I have spent several weeks away from anything that might possibly be happening outside of my apartment and my university campus. Really, the only news that I have gotten from the world is that the Phillies got into the play-offs, but that's only because I live near Philly. That, and that the Phillies were declared the losingest team of all time at the beginning of the season. It's alot to live down.

It seems, though, that I have been losing track of things. I missed the whole Myanmar/Burma thing, the Jena 6 issue, and the incident with independent contractors in Iraq. It's very unlike me. If you had spoken to me freshman through junior years of college, I could have conversed with anyone about anything. Renaissance woman, you know. Right now, all I can tell you is that Britney Spears lost the custody of her children. Not really world-changing news.

So I decided to putter around the Internet for a little to catch up on the news. This is the stuff that I find interesting:

A scandalous character takes his final bow - CNN.com

So this is the end of the famous Nathan Zuckerman, who has acted as Philip Roth's literary counterpart for 25 years. :(

Oh well, perhaps it will lead to more strange plots in the future.

US senators slam lack of Arab support for Mideast conference

You're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't. This bears watching, I think.

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment