- The people who love me-- "My mother doesn't speak English, but she says that she wants to take you back to our country and marry you to my brother." (actual quote)
- The people who hate me-- "No, I do not want a credit card! Stop asking! Rawr!"
- The people who don't speak English-- Cue me miming shoe sizes to a variety of Spanish and French speakers.
- The people who treat me like a servant-- "Get me an 11!" "We don't have that size, sir." "Argh! A 12, then!" (again, an actual quote)
- The children-- They generally stare at me like some sort of zoo exhibit, then most break into this soul-brightening smile. Then continue to stare at me, grinning like homicidal maniacs. Oh well, I'll take it.
- The old people who don't have anyone else to talk to-- This is incredibly sad and I make a point to literally sit at their feet when they want to engage me in a conversation and I have nothing else to do. Still, I really, really don't want to hear about your current sex life. Really.
- The people who love to laugh-- Well, they're usually drunk, but laughing all the same.