Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Scattered Thoughts: Life in retail

I've lost any creative impulse, so Scattered Thoughts it is...

  • There's one song that plays over the loud speaker that reminds me of "Werewolf Bar Mitzvah" every time. And then, of course, I have to sing it to myself.
  • We have a pair of shoes that look like the angry vacuum cleaner in The Brave Little Toaster. Or maybe it only looks like it to me:
  • We also have a shoe named "Floppy." It's the least "Floppy"-looking piece of footwear I have ever seen-- more like Gerta. Or Helga:
  • If it weren't for direct deposit, I would forget to pick up my paycheck every pay period. Without fail.
  • It's a given that I will drop at least one box of shoes everyday. Whether I do it in full view of my customers must have something to do with the karma I've accrued that day.
There are more, but I can't think of any.

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment