Friday, February 22, 2008

Feeling the Blues on a Snow Day

After watching The Blue Brothers with my neighbor today, I've decided that if I ever go for my doctorate I would write my dissertation about said movie and our society's ability to ignore the extraordinary things that happen everyday. There are seventy billion explosions and wild car chases in that occur in that movie and nobody comments on them. After I mentioned it to my neighbor, she agreed that it would make a bitchin' dissertation. Now I just have to find a program that would accept it.

And now, one of my favorite clips from one of my favorite "bands":



Dance, blues man, dance!

K.

PS. Yay, snow days!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:45 PM

    I think you could totally make that a paper in a political science program. You'd have to introduce the movie as an experiment in dropping Hobbes' State of Nature into modern Chicago and of modern Chicagoans as a new form of Rousseau's Savage Man. They're unable to recognize or care because they're so steeped in civil society. Or something like that. You could wing it. Then after the intro you could just go to town on whatever you wanted to say.

    *Bows* Thank you, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwyn, where have you been all my life? That is brilliant!

    K.

    ReplyDelete