Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sometimes Life Feels Like "Groundhog Day"

I really need out of this place.

I've been in a rut for several weeks now. Everyday, I walk the same paths, go to the same classes, talk to the same people. I even wash my face in the same sink in the dorm bathroom every morning and shower in the same stall every night. The only time things seem to spice up is dinner, when I can never depend on edible food being served in the school cafeteria.

The classes and the organizational meetings I attend don't get me excited anymore. I can't work up any interest for the monetary woes of the English Club, the graduating seniors in Phi Sigma Pi, or the books in Jewish American Novel class.

Luckily for me, I only have one more full week of school left, leaving me with a four day weekend before finals. After finals, who knows? Maybe I'll take up my former position as lifeguard at my home JCC or do research for my father. Whatever I do, it will be much more rewarding than what I'm doing now.

At the end of this summer, I will re-remember the goals that this university will help me reach and I will go back to work willingly. But, until then...

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment