I've read of the phenomenon where those of advanced age comment that the years have become lightening fast. For them, decades seem to pass in a matter of days! However, is it possible that I truly have become "youth deficient" (the new PC term for "old as hell")?
Well, here's a list of things that make me feel old:
- Teenagers having babies.
- Mahal2000- because apparently joining the IDF at 22 makes one ancient.
- "New" songs being played on the oldies station.
- Finding out that kids I used to baby-sit for are graduating high school.
- Thinking, "Wow, I am two decades old!"
- Finding out that there are, like, 37 generations of Power Rangers.
- Remembering the '90s.
- Seeing shows that I used to watch as a kid on "classic" TV stations.
- My little brother getting his driver's license.
- The constant fatigue.
- Realizing that I'm already excited for retirement.
- Finding more gray hairs on my parents' heads.
- Feeling nostalgic about everything.
- Seeing the wedding announcements for friends that I knew in high school.
- Getting together and grousing with my friends about the "disrespectful" freshmen.
Oh, and I know there are more. However, would I want to waste more of my precious time on it?