Friday, November 02, 2007

Oh, For the Love of G-D!

Seriously, I don't know what's wrong with my body this week. Wednesday night was spent heaving over a toilet bowl; last night I managed to sleep for about half an hour sideways on my twin bed, feet dangling off one end and head hanging in a trashcan off the other. I got to see the sun rise, a privilege I would have immediately given up for just three more hours of sleep.

There used to be a time when my sick days were often spent like those Victorian ladies with the vapors-- in bed with toast and plenty of parental sympathy. As I get older, I get sick in far more disgusting ways. To top it off, I'm alone.

While it's no fun revisiting your dinner, it's even less fun to do it when there is no one to stroke your back and keep your hair from a horrible fate. It just makes you feel worse.

Luckily for me, I do have a chance to go home this weekend, but I'm a little scared to do it in my condition. The last time I was on a train while ill, an entire carriage-load of Glasgow-bound commuters thought that I was an irresponsible drunk with a hangover. I sacrificed my favorite sweatshirt to hide the evidence. So it's fair to say that I'm slightly worried.

So now, to sleep-- hopefully. We'll see if my poor body can handle the train ride later.

K.

PS. Oh, that picture that I put up is disgusting, but strangely apt.

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE your sick pumpkin pic! Sorry you're feeling under the weather. Being sick is never fun, even worse when you're alone. Hope you're well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's nice. That sickness is going around here too, must be a school thing. I dunno, but I was REALLY sick last weekend :( Hope you feel better

    ReplyDelete
  3. moonshadow: You can thank the BBC for that picture. And thanks. :)

    abzdragon: Definitely right about schools and sickness. I can only imagine how much worse this would be if I was living in the dorms.

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yech, I hope you feel better soon! Being sick is never fun. You made the right decision not to go home, you're right, you certainly don't want to get sick while en route. The picture is great heh, in a twisted way, can't say whoever did it wasn't creative.
    ~Julie http://velvet-rose.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie: Yeah, I did make the right decision... I much prefer lounging on this couch with my parakeet by my side than on my couch... utterly utterly alone. And I love the picture too. The tears are wonderful.

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:56 PM

    Oh my! :( Everyone seems to be getting sick with the change of seasons.

    I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete